Yep, it's that time again. The day (the week, let's face it) when we dread over-sugared children and the unrelenting beckoning of foods we have no desire to eat, yet can't. seem. to. help. ourselves. So I say, be proactive. Cook up some healthy Halloween snacks that you can say “yes” to without feeling like a fiend … and that won't leave you feeling ghoulish.
- Crispy Kale Chips — It's amazing, but even picky kids love these. A nice savory nibble to fill up on.
- Coppa-Wrapped Dates with Blue Cheese — An easy, impressive crowd-pleaser. Call them “Date Mummies” and make them for your Halloween party.
- Noe's Remixed Party Mix — An updated, revamped take on the old classic. Awesome munchie for a kid crowd.
- Saffron-Cardamom Coconut Macaroons — Macaroons have always struck me somewhere between candy and cookie. A great treat to pull out for Halloween.
- Maple-Caramel Popcorn — Another great bet for kids, and a heck of a lot better for them than candy.
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Popcorn Treats — A more decadent take on popcorn treats. A little goes a long way with this one … so guard yourself from gobblin.