OK, we decided to play along with Oscar fever. Here’s how we match nourishing dishes to this year’s Best Picture nominees. Who are you rooting for?
1. “127 Hours”: Noemi’s Remixed Party Mix. A perfect snack for when you’re between a rock and a hard place.
2. “The Black Swan”: Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Because psycho ballerinas like to binge.
3. “Winter’s Bone”: Skillet Corn Bread with Tomatoes and Sage. Down-home comfort food for down-home drama.
4. “Toy Story 3”: Crispy Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken. A kid-friendly classic you’ll never outgrow…
5. “The Fighter”: Barramundi with Shallots and Chile. A ready-in-a-hurry post-workout meal when you’re training for the fight of your life!
6. “Inception”: Carnitas de Lia. ‘Cause this dish is so dreamy…
7. “The Kids Are All Right”: Braised Kale and Feta Tartines. Local, organic food plays a big role in this flick & we think the characters would dig this super-flavorful open-faced s’wich.
8. “True Grit”: Spice-Rubbed Skirt Steak. Rooster Cogburn would approve of this grub! (I’m rooting for this one to win Best Picture. What’s your fave?)
10. The Social Network”: No-Bake Peanut Butter Popcorn Treats. The perfect munchies for an all-night coding session.
And the Oscar goes to….